Monday, March 2, 2009

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

2 C. uncooked macaroni
1/2 C. butter or margarine
1/2 C. flour
1 3/4 C. milk (I used skim)
1 C. sour cream
1/4 C. parmesan (I did not use fresh)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper (use white if you have it)
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
2 C. sharp cheddar cheese, divided (I used medium cheddar)

Boil noodles and drain. Melt Butter. Add flour while stirring with whisk. Add milk a little at a time while stirring with a whisk. Add sour cream. Add remaining ingredients except cheddar cheese. Add 1 C. cheddar. Set sauce aside. Spray 9 X 9 pan. Put noodles in. Add remaining 1 C. cheese to noodles and stir in. Add sauce and stir in. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Hubby and kids really liked. I think next time I will use velveeta instead of cheddar.

No comments:

Post a Comment